Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ignorance Is Bliss

Is ignorance bliss? I don't know. I got that comment from a friend of mine. After eating some authentic mexican food, I ventured back to the Towers only to stop by my friend's room and have a discussion on I guess you could say memory. Memory is very powerful. There are things in this life that trigger certain memories, but what happens when you cannot remember anything? This is typically after a hangover so bad that you cannot stand up. I used to be like that. I would do things that I'd regret while drinking and then be like WTF the next morning as I was nursing myself back to the normal self and taking extra strength Tylenol and drinking fluids and eating bread or massive carb products. Anyway, this discussion began because I made reference to his party on Friday, partly, because it was an interesting celebration. I guess you could call it an End-of-the-Year spill because there was nothing but drinking, ahem, alcoholism going on. I started not to reveal anything about what happened on Friday to protect the innocent but then I said what the hell, I am in the business of pissing people off....so WHY NOT. It began with some hip-hop music and a blender and ended up being a party with drunk MOFOS being loud and actin crazy. For one, I had to hold this girl up so she wouldn't fall. There were some other events that happened that night from what I observed and was told. Chocolate syrup. Massage oil. Coca-Cola classic. Hurricane. Apple Vodka. All of those played into that night. You can think whatever you want about that night. And then there was a bed, a party, some hip-hop music, a blender and a bunch of Black folks who persisted in practicing the art of alcoholism. Drunkness, drunkness, drunkness. It got to the point where my friend (not the one who I had the discussion with this evening, but another) had to ask me to take a walk. You know I don't drink, I just observe and make notes later so I can piss people off. That's how I do. When you read my book you'll know what I mean. I think that for the most part ignorance is bliss. It is. There is something about not knowing that some occurred that gives you a feeling of relief. In using the drunk example, you may do things while intoxicated that you may later regret but if the sober or less drunk person does not tell you about it then you are off the hook. If you believe that then I advise you to close this blog now. There is no such thing as no consequences for actions be it while drunk or otherwise. So yes, ignorance is bliss, but for a short time. Eventually, it comes back ten fold, whatever it is you did and I just hope that whatever you do while being drunk isn't life changing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home