Wednesday, March 09, 2005

III.2

Every once in awhile, everything is going carefree and things are on the up & up and then it happens. Someone or something gives you a reality check that Black nigglets are assholes. Case & point, after my Advanced Radio Production class, I was working on my project when a few people came in and told me that they had the room to do an "exclusive" demo. I did not have the room, however, I support all up and coming rappers, or niggas who ain't got nuttin else to do with their time (yeah, I like that better). I enjoy helping people out with ProTools, because not everyone is experienced with it. One of the up and coming rappers who works @ the radio station apparently did not want me there because he casually told me this "Yo, my mans we tryin 2 do this exclusive right quick and we gon do this quick and be outta here." I mean I was on my way outta there n e way but tell me straight up don't dance around like a sugar plum fairy when all you had to say was we are trying to keep this under wraps until it's time..could you please leave. I would have respected that but now I see all of those people in a different light and these are people who I have class with, with the exception of the "exclusive" nigga who wanted his shit kept "exclusive." I thought it was quite funny because there weren't enough words in his vocabulary to tell me straight up. Howard people need to get it together folks; we are grown - if you got somethin 2 say just say it. Well, no longer will I be doing n e of them n e favors. No opening the door in the morning for their shows, no helping them out on their projects. Nothing. I have nothing really to say to them anymore. It just proves my point that we are our own worst enemy once again. I shake my head because it's quite pathetic.

Spring Break is on its way. Saturday can't get here soon enough. Just the thought of getting far far away from here makes me want to C-walk or Harlem shake. I can't wait to get back to get to a town where people have human decency.

I think I have succumb to my old ways. Pray for me people. The old Kyle has returned. I tried to stop it from happening but couldn't. There were a multitude of things that forced me to revert back to who I was before coming to Howard. Hopefully, I don't ruin a few friendships because of this, oh well, if it comes down to that...Shhh! don't tell anyone, but maybe they weren't friendships to begin with.

Life has many parts, OKKKAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home