Thursday, March 10, 2005

III.2 & 1/2

The new Destiny's child video is good. I'm not a fan of the song, but Beyonce and Kelly look good as hell.

Warm thoughts are coming to my head as I prepare to leave for Cali. I was originally going to go 2 STL, but I changed my mind. Anyway, I leave early Saturday morning. If it were up to me, I'd remain there, but I do have a semester to complete.

I got my friend, Lauren, hooked on the new Toni Braxton song. It's like crack. I've listened to it for the billionth time since I downloaded it.

I sat in on my homegirl's show today. Midday Cafe on WHBC (10-12PM). She is a cool sista (because she is mature unlike most girls @ Howard), who schooled me on some things about love. We had a good discussion and she made me feel good because she was like girls nowadays want someone who they can control and if you think about it, she's right. She was also telling me that I'm very mature for most girls here because they think they are the shit. I left out of the station feeling very good about my love life. Shoutout to Toni on the Midday Cafe show (10 to 12PM Tuesdays & Thursdays).

I was supposed to go 2 the zoo about 2 weeks ago and I'm glad I didn't. Earlier this week, a man was mauled by some chimps in Cali. He lost an eye, the fingers from both hands, his toes, part of his cheek, his lips and his PRIVATE PARTS WERE SLASHED AS WELL. Yep, although it happened in Cali, whose to say it won't happen here. No zoo trips for awhile. I can resist seeing wild life to save my balls. We's grown here close your mouth.

I was looking for a movie to watch because I have no work to do tonight and so I opted to watch Drumline. It got me thinking about the college experience and how in less than a year, I'll be receiving my diploma. Don't ask me why I started thinking about that because Drumline is about a band, but I just did. Movies sometimes make you think about the life you lead.

I read part of Luke today. If you don't know who Luke is, I suggest you go to church real quick.....Luke is becoming one of my favorite books in the Bible besides Psalms and Genesis.

In closing, I leave you with a few lines from Common's "Orange Pineapple Juice," one of the best hip hop joints of all time:

"But Common you ain't a hit in New York, I dunno what you thought hops but chief I got tall props, some cats think I'm six feet I'm so deep, some studs being thinkin I'm 6'4 my shit be hittin like switches, bitches ask why my briches saggin, I ask em, bitches why yo titties saggin? legitimate to the bottle, I bust rhymes like the breasteses, I can get get down like a pessamist, ring the alarm I got charm like a necklace, tell the truth, tell the truth, you had to move yo neck to this"

Life has many parts, move yo neck to em' because they all have a beat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home