Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Spoiling The Vine

I am sick of people trying to drag me back into things that I have no interest in. Stuff that used to be fun, yet isn't fun anymore. I don't know how many times people try to tempt me to drink. Telling me that I am weird for not taking a sip of Bacardi or Malibu. I have drank before, but I have no desire to do it again. It is not in my nature to do things that I stopped doing. I am sick of people trying to do what I call: spoiling a vine. Spoiling a vine is when you are growing and maturing and people try and stop your growth. Why would I want to fall on the bandwagon again? Just like I have been delivered from people and their pitiful looks, assumptions and rumors, I have put down the cognac. I believe that everyone can change, but it seems like people look at where I am and still consider me to always remain there. Where I am now is not where I will be tomorrow or even a month from now! I got this revelation awhile ago. It makes me itch that people still try to tempt me to do things. I have no desire to go to the club. It's stuffy and there are too many people and plus it just doesn't thrill me and you can have fun without shakin your ass or gulping down a white russian. Sorry, clubbers, it's just not for me. I don't need to spend money on new clothes just to sweat them out. I can spend my money on more food. And what is fascinating about this whole club thing is that it is almost like they don't want men there because they charge us an arm and leg and yet people will still sacrifice their breakfast, lunch or dinner just to get inside the club. That is not on my list of things to do. Some other things that spoil the vine are this need for sex. I am sorry but I am not the type of person to jump into bed with any woman. With all of this stuff going around, I do not want to jeopardize my health for some coochie. It is not that I am not lonely, I just am not in the mood to want to sleep around like rats and mice. You can, by all means, stretch out onto that twin sized, queen sized or full sized bed with your cheap Target sheets and go to town, just do not expect me to do it. I am a different type of person, who knows where he is going and knows who he is. I am willing to be lonely until I find someone who I love enough to go to bed with. And then we have these people who try their best to push my buttons like the people at the front desk, who know my face yet still want to see my ID, yet when I pull it out when they don't ask, they get mad. Why did you ask for it if you didn't want it? And another thing, right before summer, I quit the radio station. Yes, I said quit the radio station. There will be no mo Soul Buffet and it is not like anyone was really listening to it to begin with the exception of maybe a few people. I have been told that I should not quit just because I didn't get the GM title. That is not the reason I quit. The reason I quit is because I do not have the time. I believe they thought my life was wrapped up in that place, sorry, I have cancelled that from my mind. Deleted it from my cranium. I took a deep breath after making the decision and now I cannot fathom working there again. I think I should also address the issue that people seem to have with me wearing button downs. If I want to wear button downs everyday in 80 degree weather, so be it. Who gives you the right to make comments about the clothing I wear? That is another thing that spoils my vine. I don't know how many times I have been called crazy. I am sick of looking and blending in the crowd. I am unique and I don't need to wear the same clothing because people start grouping people together and the last thing I want is to be grouped as being something I am not. What is wrong with people? Really, what is wrong with people? Take a look in the mirror and examine yourself and be happy with yourself and grow your own vine and stop trying to spoil mine. Do people think about what they say before they say it? I don't think so, because if they did, they would be more conscious about what they say. I feel like going out into the Towers courtyard and shouting to the top of my lungs and trying to make people wake up and see that all of these trivial things spoil their own vine and spoil mine. Again, people are so caught up in others that they do not take the time to focus on themselves.

Life has many parts, I am so sick of people trying to spoil mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger shani-o said...

ok, that was depressing. brilliant, but depressing. my favorite line? "Why would I want to fall on the bandwagon again?"

i guess you can write about the deep stuff whilst i stick to frivolity.

7/07/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home