Thursday, July 07, 2005

Nyuk Nyuk


I am a Three Stooges fan. I enjoy even now watching shorts of Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp & Curly Joe. I especially used to like renting movies from Blockbuster Video when I was a kid living in the OC before I moved to LA. I would anticipate coming home from school on Fridays just to go to the Blockbuster Video on Harbor Blvd to rent The Three Stooges. I became even so much of a fan that I would order videos from this specialty store that only sold classic videos and things of that nature. One of my favorite episodes of The Three Stooges is called "Micro Phonies,"which is where Moe, Larry & Curly must pose as singers for this dinner party after the singer falls ill. It is rather hilarious, as are most of the Three Stooges shorts. I got to thinking that I wish I could go back to my childhood. It was much less hectic. I could sit around the house lounging on a Saturday and not have to really worry about going to the grocery store because my mother had it taken care of. I didn't have to worry about cleaning or washing clothes because my mother had that taken care of too. I could eat Oreos and Cheese Its (I think I spelled that correctly) and watch eps of the Three Stooges underneath my St.Louis Rams bed cover. I sometimes sit and reflect on childhood things, like Pop Rocks, Push Up Pops and summer camps. I even sometimes recall some of my old friends from elemenatary school. I have this Three Stooges tape here that I put into my TV/VCR combo on occasion to remind me of how simple life was back then. Life is of course, is far from simple now. I now have responsibilities to go to the grocery store, wash my clothes, go to class, and take care of myself while away from my parents. I am 20 going on 21 and like Ahmad says in his song, "Back In The Day," some days I sit and wish I was a kid again. I do holler out Nyuk Nyuk on occasion though. It helps the day progress further. Nyuk Nyuk is a common phrase that Curly uses in the Three Stooges. So when you find yourself not smiling, just holler out Nyuk Nyuk and I guarantee that you'll smile. That is some foolishness that only a smile can result from. The Three Stooges is good therapy for the soul. I should write a book "Three Stooges for The Soul." I think I could sell a lot of copies, don't you. The world needs to smile a little bit more. We are so caught up in the day to day habits and cycles of work, that we never sit down to have a moment with ourselves. The looks on people's faces just around here are anything but smiles. We should all be happy just to be alive and living healthy. But like I said if you holler out a Nyuk Nyuk once in awhile when you're feeling down, you are guaranteed to feel better. I recommend each and every one of you to watch The Three Stooges shorts, they are funny, comical and just down right stupidity at its finest, but that's okay because we all need a little humor in our lives especially since we are so brainwashed into be fearful of terrorist attacks and other evil things. The Three Stooges bring smiles, so sit down in front of the tube tonight and pop in a Three Stooges DVD and Nyuk Nyuk your daily troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home