Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Lesson From A Relative/New Languages

We all have those relatives who proceed to give you advice and shed some perspective on things. I was talking to my grandmother today, who is a wise woman, who always has good advice for me to take otherwise I'd be like I am with some relatives and rush them off the phone. She could sense something was wrong with me the minute I said hello. She said I was not my usually chipper self and she was right. I have spent a little time now trying to get my life in order - school, relationships and friendships and my faith. Those are some hard things to get in order, she told me. She said that I am not alone in my struggles. She said that there are probably young men all over this campus who are having the same troubles I seem to be having especially in the relationship department. I told her that it frustrates me that the women I want do not want me and virus versa. And that's when she said that all I have to do is put my trust in GOD and he'll work it out. I asked her when this was going to happen because like I've admitted in an earlier blog - I am lonely and it made me mad when I had to play fifth wheel on Thursday night when I went with friends. I did not get the impression that they did not want me there but the 4 people I did go with seem to be trying to form relationships and I was the "extra" person. My grandmother told me to keep on living and that eventually someone will come along that I can do things with. She said that all I have to do is love and that love will come to me. I chuckled but it finally sunk in that I am spending too much time worrying about a relationship especially when I am trying to deal with the 16 credits I have and getting an internship for the summer and fall. I told her that it bothers me when women who I like want to talk to me about their problems, but not to be mean I listen to them. I mean seriously every damn female friend I have besides one or two always want to tell me what guy hit on them or how they are having relationship problems. I could personally care less who hit on you today in the school of C or while you were with a friend of yours at the mall. That is not really helping me with my troubles. She continued to say that I am being a good friend by listening to others' issues, and that all I have to do is put my trust in the Lord. That was like the fifth time she said it while we were talking. I mean I put my trust in God awhile ago - I mean I really put my trust in him awhile ago serious trust when I decided to become devoted to HIS word and HIS plan. So I continued to hear what she was saying. Don't worry, she said and I continued to say I am not worried but when is it going to happen for me. Sometimes I feel as though a storm has drifted over my life and the rain won't stop pouring. I need some sun light or a clear sky. Then my grandmother told me that I am putting too much energy into thinking about this because sometimes if you rush things they do not turn out the way you'd like to. It brings me to another interesting phrase that is always said "be careful what you wish for." So I guess I will take my grandmother's advice to put trust in the LORD as she said she did many times and HE always comes through for you because we are HIS children and HE comes through for HIS children. After getting off the phone with my grandmother I continued to think while I was listening to some music and eat a chicken bacon ranch sub from Subway. I guess it'll happen for me soon. Just how soon is the question because a brotha occasionally gets a little tired of waiting. Spending several Friday nights eating tv dinners and watching old eps of "The Cosby Show," is okay sometimes but other times I'd like to go out and not solo, but I guess an occasional evening playing the fifth wheel is a little better than spending it couped up in my 4 walled room. So we'll see what happens.....but I will say this the next friend of mine who proceeds to tell me how their love life is going I am going to noise cancel them. Noise cancelling is tuning them out for all of you out there who did not get that. I am sick of playing Dr. Jarmon or K-Love. For once I'd like to play the person needing the arrow and not Cupid.
----------------
I have decided to learn two more languages. Don't ask me why I have decided that considering how I am bi-lingual. Well now I can know 4 languages. I decided to learn Japanese, because it may do me some good in my legal career to know more words besides tempura and chicken and broccoli or chong ching chong. I did not mean any harm by that but that is the general understanding of what people perceive Asian people to be. The other language I've decided to learn is Arabic. Why, you might ask? Because every time I get off the plane, someone always ask me if I am Indian or Middle Eastern, so I figured why not learn the language so I can speak it to them. So I took a trip to the bookstore and bought a book called Beginniner's Japanese. Wish me luck. Arabic and Japanese here I come.....It may take me awhile but I am going to make it apart of my daily routine so I can learn to cuss in Arabic.
-----------------
I guess I'll go and read my Bible now and continue putting my trust in HIM and maybe I'll get some Black coffee sooner or later either with sugar or cream or just Black. Sorry, I am listening to Heavy D's "Black Coffee" right now.
-----------------
More music picks from DJ Old School

The Theme from California Dreams (what it's a good song)
U2 - New Year's Day
Camp Lo - Sparklin
Zebrahead - Get Back
TI - Chillin With My Bitch
Ludacris - Two Miles An Hour
Evan & Jaron - The Distance
Chris Issak - Can't Do A Thing
Tal Bachman - She's So High
John Mayer - New Deep
5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
Silver Connection - Fly Robin Fly
Yarbrough & People - Don't Stop The Music
Midnight Star - Electricity
Petula Clark - Downtown
Nancy Wilson - Lush Life
The Mamas & The Papas - Monday Monday
LL Cool J - Milky Cereal
John Mellencamp - Pink Houses
Johnny Guitar Watson - A Real Mutha For Ya
Betty Wright - No Pain No Gain
Less Than Jake - History of A Boring Town


Life has many parts, I put my trust in all of them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home