Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Issues In Life

I have had some serious computer issues over the last few days. My computer became infected with the magnificent Browser Hijacker virus when I was trying to update my Symantec Anti-Virus and ever since then my computer has been on crack. Good crack, not the bad crack that you get in a bag on Rhode Island Avenue but some of that good crack. I ran the microsoft anti-spyware and it said it was removed however, now my computer cuts off whenever it feels like, AIM does weird things and my Ares freezes. Is this the universe's way of telling me I need to buy a new computer? I think so. I could buy one but I am too frugal too. I need new clothes and new shoes and some more TV show DVS before I invest in a new Dell or HP. One thing is for sure that when I get a new computer, I will be heading to the tenth floor of the towers to a window and drop this rubbish. I want to see it fall and break into a billion pieces. That would be fun to watch. The ilab was no help either and neither were my computer friends. Damn, these viruses.

I have a fresh new perspective on life and that is no more crap. I have made peace with having no one to really count on. Life is a whole lot better when you admit the truth to yourself about things that are happening to you. Last night, I was eating some organic chicken - yep, I live healthy folks. Organic milk, cheese, lemonade, yogurt, soy products all the way. Yea to the soybean. You may spend $20 more on your grocery bill but if I can save a trip to the hospital I will. No bypass for me. I had an epiphany while eating the chicken I guess because the aroma smelled so good. It actually smelled like chicken - not some hormone injected, fertilizer grown nonsense that I used to buy from Giant and Safeway. The epiphany was that I am perfectly content with not really being able to rely on anyone here in DC. Yes, I might be alone, but I can no longer deal with fakes, flakes and users. It just does not fit my personality to deal with things I do not have to really deal with. This fresh new attitude on things really got me excited because I can ditch the bad garbage and start anew by trying to graduate, which is what college is for anyway considering how most Black men are sitting in the pen or on the street tryin to hustle you for some CHANGE. I am trying to embrace the idea of having some self time and it was hard at first but then I thought, I am probably better off because I would have been worrying myself over who was going to call to invite me somewhere on a Saturday afternoon or about what others were doing and not doing. That can drive you to the nuthouse and I am not in the mood to meet Hannibal, Norman Bates and all the rest. So I gathered my thoughts together and peeled a banana and listened to some jazz. It was so soothing. I wish there was a pill to relieve you of the loneliness you feel when you are at home on a Saturday eating a TV dinner and watching a DVD you've watched over a hundred times, but unfortunately there isn't. Friends come a dime a dozen and that is something that I've accepted and dealt with and it took me a whole 24 hours to do that. I have decided to keep myself busy until the wee hours of the night when I must retreat to the uncomfortable double twin mattress that sits near the window in my room and cover up underneath my jersey knit sheets and blue cover. Believe it or not there are many things to do by yourself besides worry. I've discovered the wonders of reading. I think I've read more in the past few days than I have in awhile. I read The 48 Laws of Power yesterday and tried to finsih the Lovely Bones. Still trying to finish that - partly because it is so deep. I watched Dangerous Minds yesterday. It is one of my favorite movies of all time mostly because it reminds me of 9th grade because I transferred to private school. I often wonder what I would be like if I'd stay, but I am not going to worry about it because I am almost 21 now and like Rafiki says "it doesn't matter, it's in the past" - and the past should stay just that - the past.

Family Matters is going to have a spin off on Nickelodeon. It's called Family Table....apparently, Urkel and Laura have been married for seven years and they have twins. The show will star Jaleel White and Kelly Williams as well as Bow Wow and Solange FYE. I am not going to comment on that because I am not worried about it.

Life has many parts, hmm? I guess I wasn't meant to finish that - I am not going to worry about that either.

More DJ Old School music recs....

Ledisi - Take Time
Samson - Atmosphere
Janis Joplin - Me & Bobby McGee
Prodigy - Firestarter
Sheila E - Love Bizarre
Zero 7 - Summersault
Alicia Keys - Dragon Days
Dave Matthews Band - Halloween
Jack Johnson - Cookie Jar
Michael Franks - Eggplant
Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag
Prokofiev - The Montagues & The Capulets
Rob Stewart - Maggie May
Nina Simone - Mississippi Goddam
Ziggy Marley - Tomorrow People
Third World - Cool Meditation
The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Steel Pulse - Chant A Psalm
Tonex - Since Jesus Came
Wilco - Kamera

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home