Sunday, March 12, 2006

Red Velvet Cake

There is nothing like a nice piece of cake. It could be a slice of birthday cake, Christmas cake, or wedding cake. I know many people who can chow down on half and full sheets of cake on their own. It has to be a certain type, however. I drove down to Atlanta on Friday to attend a wedding. A 9 hour drive (make that 6, with speeding) is enough to tire one out, especially with very few stops. The bride was one of the few people I k.i.t. with from HU. Everyone kept telling her that she was a young bride. I have always frowned on people who get excited about telling you what you ought not to do. I was having a discussion with my aunt regarding this because people tell me that I shouldn't drink soda. "It depletes calcium," they tell me. Sure it does, but that Absolut and Cranberry you're drinking....what is that doing? That pack of Salems you smoke on a daily basis, what color are your lungs? The sugar on top of sugar on top of sugar...could diabetes II be setting in? This conversation really irked me because I do not like people telling me what I should & should not do when they do not like being told not to things. Do not be hypocritical. There are those who have called me hypocritical in the past, and I am probably still being called this as I am writing this. I am getting off track....

The wedding was simple, yet very nice. It was outside and the sun happened to be blaring down on all of us. There happened to be two other HU people there. I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only person there from Howard. I struck up a conversation with one of the two other girls. We recognized each other, but had never met. This confirmed my feeling that people know of you but do not know you. She was very pretty and I would have asked for her number except she had a man and long-distance relationships do not work and I never say never, but I do not forsee myself moving to Atlanta in the near future.

The wedding cake was Red Velvet. Some say it is a southern tradition - dat derr Red Velvet cake. It was good - tradition or not. Then everyone decided to Electric Slide. All Black weddings seem to spark the slide out of folk. Overall, my friend was happy despite the many doubters that told her she was a too young.

The drive back was tiring too. People say I'm too young to be tired, so strike that. I got sleepy driving back but yet I won't probably go to sleep til 12 as usual.

Life has many parts, they can be baked.

Last songs to play...
Jill Scott - Comes To The Light
Musiq - Womanopoly
Amel Larrieux - Weather
Donell Jones - In The Hood
JR Swinga - Chocolate City

1 Comments:

Blogger justmeReka said...

Kyle Kyle Kyle...how are u sweety! I need to check on you.....haven't talked to you for min. I hope all is well and ur internship is going how you planned. You coming back in May right? Let me know...oh and my new num is 206 335 9769.

3/19/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home