Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Brothas Need Luv 2

Love is a powerful word. I have never told a woman that I loved her. I have been in love before, however. That kind of passionate love. The one where you long to be with that particular person. The person seems to brighten your day and illuminate your night. The kind of love one dreams of...true paradise. Sweeter than strawberries and more romantic than a walk on the beach, this love was undeniably one that I'll never forget. The memories seem to reappear on days like today. Flashbacks of the good times we shared. I have always been a one woman man - committed to that specific human being, giving the time to the woman in my life. But somehow, I had a tough time telling her that I loved her. I do not know what it was. You could say that there was fear that it would not be said back. That word carries so much weight, I do not quite understand how people use it so loosely. They fall in and out of love like they do their bed or their clothes. I find it hard to do that considering the heavy emotions and feelings that go with being in love. I've only been in love once, but that taught me a lot about goofy, young romances. There are these love analyzers or love psychics that say that you only find a few true loves while on this Earth. I am not quite sure if I agree with their analysis of the stars and the mumbo jumbo of the horroscopes and astrology, but I have reason to believe that there is someone out there for everyone. I have sworn off Valentine's Day since 6th grade after the candy hearts and the fruit punch. Cupid just doesn't seem to strike me on this day. There are a few people I know who do not celebrate Vday simply because they've been hurt in past relationships. You could call me a Valenhater, but I'm not - enjoy your chocolate kisses and romantic exquisite dinner, but Cupid has somehow struck me on a day that is not the 14th of February. It is very difficult to get rid of love. You cannot turn it off...although there are those who would disagree. Some people do however, get under your skin. There was this woman who got under my skin awhile ago. We had a connection, or at least it felt like a connection. I felt as though our spirits connected. I thought that I could love her, but cupid didn't help a brotha out too much. I believe she just wasn't feelin me like I was feelin her which was unfortunate. That is what qualms me about love sometimes, is that unreturned love or the lack of love that the other shows. You can't always tell when butterflies are in someone's stomach, unless they let you know and some people are just hard to read. Cupid didn't help me out then either. I can say though that she was someone I would have liked to have had a relationship with. I won't say 'never say never,' but I believe that door is closed. Love can sometimes make you read into things too. A kind word or a smile can give you the wrong impression about the one you are interested in. Even a telephone number written down on a scrap of paper can be misleading. Even hearing someone say "I like you...let's go out" can be misleading. But when you do find that true love, like I found once, it is something you treasure even after it is over because who knows when you will experience it again.

Life has many parts - lve thm.

Last songs to play....
Rahsaan Patterson - April Kiss
Raheem Devaughn - You
Kem - Into You
Heather Headley - I Wish I Wasn't
Lina - Smooth
Alexander O"Neal - Never Knew Love Like This
Toni Braxton - Stupid
Ne-Yo - So Sick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home