Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Meal Is Ready, Are You Hungry?

I have found over the past year that in order to change, you have to first see your faults and your successes. In reading several books, the Bible included, it is evident to me that I am in no position to judge others, but to effective tell them that their soul depends on it. There are those who contemplate as to whether the Bible is really true. Being a new Christian, considering I’ve only been saved for the past year, I have to go by what is written, thus, where the believing comes in. It is easy for me to say that I believe in God – but behind closed doors loathe righteousness and trying to live right. I am by no means an ideal person, no one is. In fact, nothing and no one is perfect and good but the Almighty himself. There is no point at me trying to shove scriptures down someone’s throat or telling them that there is a true God – I leave that up to God. HE is the one who has to reveal HIMSELF to you. As I looked at this further, I could not believe how difficult it was for me to be condemned for my sins when I first came back to the church last year. It was hard for me to believe that me – who sees himself as a somewhat decent human being could be such a bad human being and that I was going to hell unless I received Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior and was baptized and began leaving sin behind and moving towards to what God would have me to do. After much decision, I repented and God is helping me clean up my filthy spirit. I realized something though; I have to do this for someone else. God has specifically chosen me not to revile but to bring someone else out of sin that has been blinded by the devil. There are scholars and people who purport that Christianity is religious brainwashed cleverly disguised. Who is to say that certain things in the Bible haven’t been taken out or added? I know this one thing – that God exists. I know this for a fact. How do I know? I can look at my life and to where HE has brought me. There is that still small voice inside of me that has empowered me to bring my life to a point where I am ready for what HE has for me. It is said that those who question believers beliefs claim that they are escaping the realities and calamities of life, and going to church is nothing but a theatrical presentation to avoid the fear of being exposed for the things they so desperately try and hide. I disagree, I mean sure there are those who come simply to escape, but once you have been enlightened and awakened by God, not by the grandiloquence and speaking style of the preacher or lecturer. I found that I have nothing to prove, because arguing and debating gets nowhere. How can I argue with an unbeliever? I can only prepare the meal and serve it, but I cannot make anyone eat what I’ve prepared.

Life has many parts -

Last songs to play....
Chris Brown - Run It
Brian McKnight - One Last Cry
Aaliyah - One In A Million
Leela James - Music
Kindred - The Question
Mary J Blige - Be Without You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home