Saturday, January 14, 2006

Should I Play The Lottery?

I have been debating something lately. That something is whether or not I will play the Lottery. It’s kind of dumb for me to be debating this, because as my grandfather tells me, “you can’t win if you don’t play.” That is very true, but over the years I’ve watched my parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents “waste” their money on pieces of paper that potentially could make them millionaires. They have yet to win anything over five dollars. It’s fine on occasion to purchase ten tickets grandpa, but not every week. I can put that, ten dollars towards an offering in church or towards some new article of clothing from a store besides one that is anchored on the corners of malls. The odds of the lottery are dreadful too. What is it – 1 in 560,452,937 chances that I’ll win? What luck! That sounds rather contemptuous but true. What chance do I have? But then again, if I don’t play I can’t get that mansion that I want or that Bentley that I plan on having sometime before I leave here. I won’t be able to benefit from the luxuries of having royal treatment at hotels, and restaurants. Of course, I could work like most folk and achieve that but why do that when I can purchase a lotto ticket for a dollar and take my chances. Gambling is not a hobby of mine. I thought about going to Vegas and pullin’ the nickel & dime machines, but I just haven’t had time, plus, what are the odds in me winning? But I may go on the boat when I get to STL…I’ll try anything once.

Life has many parts –

Last songs to play….
Brian McKnight – Find Myself In You
Javier – Indecent Proposal
Paula Abdul – Promise of A New Day
The Dells – The Love We Had
Stevie Wonder – Shelter In The Rain
Mariah Carey – Honey

Janet Jackson – What Have You Done For Me Lately

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home