Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Get Happy

What does it truly mean to be happy? I know we are promised life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but how does one specifically find happiness? And how can you know when you have truly found it? Some people say money doesn’t buy happiness, as if happiness is a product in a store or something you purchase in a catalog. Money is not a means to happiness, it is simply something to use in order to obtain pleasures and enchant fantasies. Others say that happiness results from that special someone. I believe that there is someone for everyone. But how do you know when that someone has come across? Have we been walking by our soul mates and been oblivious to them? Happiness is defined by Merriam Webster as “the state of well-being.” At least they did not say the state of being happy. I have found happiness over the past few years in just being alive. It is astonishing just to rise in the morning and know that I am still here on this Earth for some reason. I guess each and everyone of us has a specific definition of what happiness is to them. I have seen happiness of the course of my years on this planet. I have seen a woman’s smile when she received a diamond ring from Zales from her fiancé. I have seen a baby’s face light up when he or she is tickled or when a child licks an ice cream cone. But can we define these eyewitness accounts as happiness or are these simply congenial experiences gratified by the usage of money. That brings up some very important reasoning is that by using these experiences or any other pleasurable experience, it can be traced back to money. Thus, it is feasible to say that money can buy happiness, right? I think if I had a couple of millions stashed away and was using it on extravagant cars, profligate clothes, fine dining and the like, I’d be satisfying my fantasies or rather dreams born out of a screwball definition of happiness. I am quite happy right now typing this away for you to read it, but if I am promised the pursuit of happiness and am content right now, have I really pursued happiness or has happiness pursued me? I did not mean to get all philosophical or rather confusing here, it is just something my mind thought up while I was sitting here smiling and enjoying what I was promised.

Life has many parts, what does it truly mean to have something?

Last songs to play….
Sean Paul – Temperature
Mary J Blige – Be Without You
Chris Brown – Yo
Faith Evans – Tru Love
Ashanti – Still On It

Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home