Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's Cold Outside

For the past few weeks, it has been cold. Cold to the point where a brotha has had to pull out the longjohns. I thought about purchasing a coat or something heavy because I'm getting ready to head to a colder climate than what I am currently experiencing. Temperatures that fall below 10 degrees just don't do well with someone who has been raised in California for most of his life and my roomate has control of the heat and for some reason doesn't always have it on - as cold as it is. I don't know why that is - I'll have to pound on his door and ask him. But for the most part, my days have been spent trying to wrap up my undergrad career with 3 exams (one being a take home) and a paper.

I finally took the LSAT on Saturday. A good ole 5 hour sitting with just a Snickers bar and some Aquafina on my stomach is not cool you know. I did manage to have a croissant before I left though and some Simply Orange juice. This is starting to sound like I am promoting those people. It went pretty well, not that anyone really cares. I think that I was at ease partly because I realized it is not the end of the world if I don't get the score I want. I'll cross that bridge if I get there.

I have been looking forward to the Christmas holidays. A time to celebrate the birth of Christ. I am eagerly awaiting to see what my family gives me for Christmas, although I always ask for money. I also am anticipating eating a slice of sweet potato pie, and being accused of eating the last of the chittlins, which every year I am accused of. I have only tasted chittlins once in my life time and somehow my family thinks that I eat the last of them every year. I am not bubbling over with excitement and glee to eat pig intestines, and having them with mustard, hot sauce or any other condiment does not make them taste any better nor does eating them with potato salad. I have always enjoyed holiday music though. Recently, I purchased Diana Krall's Christmas cd, which is rather good. You should check it out - all of you jazz vocal fans.

Life has many parts, some are them are cold sometimes.

Last songs to play on the ipod....
Chris Brown - Yo
Jagged Edge - Good Luck Charm
Pharrell - Angel
India Arie - I Am Not My Hair
Trey Songz - I Gotta Go
Donell Jones - Better Start Talking