Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Can Pancakes Really Solve Problems?

There is a Facebook group called - Pancakes Can Solve All Sorts of Problems and I got to thinking....can Bisquick and Ms.Butterworth really relieve the stress, issues and all of the other mysteries of life? I am not quite convinced. Of course, there are those who probably say that pancakes do but I am not a pancake fan, anyway, so it probably won't solve the everyday general junk that one has to deal with. I have wondered how is it that many people my age have so many issues. This is supposed to be the so-called "best years of our lives," yet we are upset, byset, beset, and downset. It's bewildering and stupifying. I scratch my head when I think about how everyone tells us that we are supposed to enjoy life. How can one enjoy life when you tell me that my scholarship money hasn't been processed? Or that you gave me a B when I was one point away from an A? What kind of stuff is that????!!! There is a conspiracy against my generation because we are very outspoken and won't back down from things and this scares the generations before us. They'd rather have us complacent and adhering to the societal norms and standards. I even see it in the chuurch (yep, with 2 u's and pronounced CHUCH). They look at us like we shouldn't be there, yet they always preach how we need Jesus. But back to the intent of this post - can pancakes really solve problems? There are some my age who seem to think so. Weekly runs to IHOP and the cafe seem to solve their problems. I guess they look @ pancakes as some kind of "escape," from their daily troubles. The let's sweep it under the rug and ignore that it's there concept, or maybe blueberry flapjacks and old fashioned maple syrup really does do the trick. I on the other hand prefer waffles. A trip to the Waffle House, even though I'm from California, and there is no Waffle House in DC, would solve some of my problemas. I'd like a nice waffle right about now. I thought about getting a waffle iron and making some of my own, but that would require a trip to a place that sells them, and me buying the ingredients and deciding to get up and make some - which I'm not going to do, so for now, I just dream about waffles. Waffles in the mornin, afternuuun and evenin, okay, perhaps not that much, but I would like a few with strawberries and whipped cream, that would sure make my day.

Life has many parts, can pancakes solve the parts?