Friday, February 24, 2006

Friendships Are Not Car Ignitions

I am quite shocked, baffled even. I received an email from someone who I haven't talked to in awhile. I was thrown for a loop because the person had sworn never to talk to me again, yet there it was - an email. I am debating as to whether I'll respond due to past issues that we have had and the way our friendship ended. Of course, this email could have been sent by accident - but somehow I am not convinced considering there were no CCs or other TO:'s. Is the person having second thoughts about how things turned out between us or is this just an inquiry to make sure that what they said in regards to where I'd be and who I have turned out to be was true. That thought began to work on me during the course of the night as I pondered as to the many individuals who have ended their friendships with me and then resurfaced somewhere down the road looking to restart the friendship as if friendship is a car ignition. And their reasons for resurfacing have been rather vague and bleak and not enough for me to acknowledge that our friendship had been reinstated because in my opinion, friendship never occurred between me and those individuals who consciously ended the friendships they had with me. Sure, we talked and hung out but once the agenda was revealed - the word friend was never used to describe them. That sounds kind of harsh - but true. I cannot believe I am down this road again of having to deal with individuals who try to creep back into your life and pretend like nothing happened.

Life has many parts, some resurface.

Last songs to play....
Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away
Ray J - What I Need
D4L - Betcha Can't Do It Like Me
E40 - Tell Me When To Go
Jagged Edge - Good Luck Charm
Young Jeezy - My Hood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home