Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Coonery & Foolery On The TV

I don't know what on Earth is wrong with Black television shows nowadays. It has gotten almost more coonlike than Amos N Andy and Stepin Fetchit. This is pathetic. First and foremost, I must comment on the stupidity of College Hill, which seems to be getting worse and worse as they continue to find ignit (pronounced ig-nent) Black college students who have a desire to be in front of the camera. Then we have Ice Cube's hit, Black.White. Ahh, just what we need in 2006 - another show that depicts racism as if the world is not aware that racism that exists between races. That show is nothing new. Check Eddie Murphy's sketch on Saturday Night Live, por favor. Black tv is obsolete. By the way, let me comment on that touching award that the Academy gave 3 6 Mafia. I think it is a slap in Terrence Howard's face to nominate him for an Oscar and then give it to the song that he sang in the movie. If that isn't subtle racism, I do not know what is. That's a little off from what I was really trying to get to but I had to mention that. Back to the topic at hand. Then we have Lil Kim's Countdown to Lockdown. I think Lil Kim is great and all but I'm not so interested in her final days out on the streets. I am not surprised BET is airing such rubbish and that Kim is going along for the ride. It just proves that people will WATCH anything. And then they cut off quality programming like Soul Food, to air junk like those shows that I've mentioned above.

Life has many parts, sometimes you need to vent some.

Last songs to play....
4 Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
Jerry Butler - Ain't Understanding Mellow
Betty Wright - No Pain No Gain
Chairmen of the Board - Just A Little Bit More Time
Staple Singers - Respect Yourself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home