Thursday, July 14, 2005

Confident. Not Cocky.

I am convinced that it is the people who are not confident that have somehow got it in their mind that having a love of self is the same thing as being cocky. I have been told by a multitude of people that when they first met me that I seemed cocky and guarded. It's funny how people's perceptions can be out of scope or faulty. Let me rephrase: people see what they want to see regardless of what is right in front of them. It is not my fault if I love who I am and where I am and where I am headed. I am not sorry if you cannot keep up with who I am, I am not here to please you nor do I particularly care if you think I am cocky. As for the guardedness, I am not an open person because I believe that people have big mouths and your information and privacy somehow gets out and rather to deal with vocal newspapers, I have decided not to say anything about myself to anyone. Even the things that I have told people, I am assuming that sooner or later it will be poured out of their mouths. Since when has it become okay for me not to be confident. I am not in the business of pleasing you. If you are not happy with who I am, then you need to look deep within yourself and GET A LIFE. I am not on this Earth to make you happy, if I do that is fine, but I am not making it my goal to get accolades from you. Who are you for me to try and please anyway? Take care of yourself please I ask you to do that. Stay in your own garden and garden it. Stop seeking to water mine. People want to make you what they assume or want you to be, but that is nothing but a cloudy and perverted way of thinking. Once again, I am not here to please you. I have to find happiness within myself. So once again, I am not cocky, but I am confident. There is a difference. Let's examine that further: being cocky is being overly self-assertive whereas confident is being able to withstand things on your own through assurance. Just thought I would share with you the difference for those of you out there who have become so jealous of not having what other people have. Develop your own confidence, it is pathetic when I hear people say that I am cocky. I am sorry if I have more self assurance that you, I can't help it and you need to get over it. People are threatened when people are confident because they cannot manipulate and control them. People who gossip and label people have not fully found confidence in themselves. Get out of making judgements and slapping labels on people. Perhaps it is you who needs to examine those definitions more clearly and ask yourself: am I labelling people simply because I am not so confident or perhaps you are so cocky that you want to make people what you are!

Life has many parts...(whew).