Saturday, April 15, 2006

Seasons

It is rather late, but early too. A Lipton peach tea quenches my parched throat as I sit listening to music and pondering over bittersweet memories of good ole college. I lay perched on a blue cover. An ep of I Love Lucy plays in the background. I am not paying much attention because most of my attention is on reflection. I begin to remember reading somewhere that each and everyone of us have seasons. Each season carries with it joys and sorrows, trials and tribulations, triumphs and accomplishments. I found that not only did I treasure the Black experience, it is one that I would recommend to any African American person. The Black college experience is enriching, enlightening and it teaches you a lot about people, the world and yourself. I would go so far as to say that it makes you better. You begin to realize that people are put into your life for reasons and things happen for a reason. Sometimes people are put into your life to bring something out of you that was dormant, to reveal an inadequacy about yourself or simply to bring something into your life that was absent. Things happen to reveal to you who you are. A preacher made a profound statement and that was: "Trials and tribulations occur to ask you one question, "who are you?" I found it rather profound (although you might not agree).

Life has many parts, what are they?

Last to play...
Ne-Yo - When You're Mad
Ginuwine - I'm In Love
En Vogue - Lies
George Huff - A Brighter Day
Janet Jackson - The Best Things In Life Are Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home