Monday, September 12, 2005

What Is Going On Is Making Me Wanna Holler Part Five

Well, the recovery efforts have started. Good. It took them long enough to do considering 80% of a city is underwater. I think they got the remaining people out of the city, which is a positive thing. This thing seems to be yielding encouraging results. I guess Ray Nagin’s comments really put a dent in Bush’s ego cause he didn’t get-a-movin till Nagin’s comments were played on CNN. Did you catch how CNN played them every chance they got? Every show had a sound bite from it, which was attention-grabbing – almost too good to be true. So now we move to Bush and his denial that the slowness of this whole debacle was so prevalent to every US citizen and to the world @ large. He issued a statement “the storm didn’t discriminate, neither will the recovery effort,” (Yahoo News – 52 Minutes Ago, Jennifer Loven). My English composition teachers will probably hate that I didn’t quote that right, but you get my point. Go to Yahoo News and look it up. Why is Bush talking about this still? Just drain the H2O and get to the clean up. Mr. Clean should do the trick or perhaps some Ajax. Use Ajax the foaming cleanser bum, bum, bum – sorry got a little sidetracked there with the jingle for the Ajax cleanser. I don’t know how I remember that. So, we now just sit back and let the resurgence efforts take place. Did you hear there are rescued people complaining about their possessions that are still lying in half-dried E.Coli infested water in their homes? If I were them, I wouldn’t be worried about my Toshiba television or my child’s X-Box; I’d be glad the hurricane didn’t obliterate ME out. I still am puzzled as to how they come up with names for these storms and hurricanes. Andrew, Ivan, Katrina, Ophelia. What did they just open a baby name book & get-to-pickin? Although, Katrina, now that name is just so invigorating isn’t it? KATRINA, sounds like a villainess’ name from a comic book doesn’t it. Katrina, make sure you roll your tongue on the R it makes it sound better. It sounds like a soap opera character’s name also. They did downgrade Michael Brown – so I deduce someone had to take the fall for the reaction to this calamity. I hope the new person who took over Brown’s duties will move swiftly to the needs of the city. Man – now I can’t apply to Tulane for Law School. Although, who knows by next year they may have 65% of the city back to normal or at least running with power. I was so looking forward to the crawfish and hot sauce and the jazz. What am I going to do now, buy some from Giant and pop in a Wynton Marsalis cd? I guess so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home