Thursday, December 07, 2006

Nothing Like The Truth, or At Least The Truth From My Perspective

1) Christmas is Just A Few, Few...Few Days Away - I have always enjoyed the Xmas holidays. A time to sit down and gobble down some turkey, wait that's thanksgiving. I meant ham. Yep swine, smothered in brown sugar glaze. MMMM....I usually have a few pieces along with greens, potato salad and slab of my grandmother's lemon cream cheese pie. But Xmas is more than just about filling your stomach. It's about the one and only son of God, Jesus Christ. I am surprised there is not much discussion about the whole Happy Holidays thing versus Merry Christmas. This world is full of it. I understand that everyone has their own religion and their own god(s), but that has nothing to do with saying Merry Christmas. I have always associated Christmas with Jesus Christ, of course, the media would like you to think of it as a day to lay out Oreos or Mrs. Field's Sugar Cookies and a glass of Alta Dena or some fat dude in a suit with a white beard, but I got news 4 ya. Christmas is the season to celebrate the birth of HIM who came to save that which is lost and restore us back to the Father. Presents are wonderful, the tree is spiffy but let us not forget what this holiday is about.

2) No More Iraq? - Is Bush pulling the troops out? Nope. Not anytime soon, just ask Condi Rice, his spokesperson. I mean come on Presi, our troops are dying everyday and it just ain't right. And 4 awhile he was trying to get involved in worldly affairs - ha that's a laugh. Let's run America. That is enough to do by itself. It looks like troops won't be out until sometime in 08. Let's see if that forecast is right.

3) BBarker Retiring - The come on down guy is retiring. Yep. Mr. Barker is giving up his Price Is Right gig after many many years. Was there another guy who did it? I don't know, and I don't think anyone remembers if there was. I wonder who they'll get to take his place. Or maybe CBS will be able to get the man to go on for a few more years.

4) A Seinfeld Remark Gone Too Far - Well apparently, the dude from Seinfeld, whatever his name is, has stopped apologizing for his rude and racist remarks at a comedy club. I am surprised the people were so civilized when he made those comments. I'm all for peace. But wrong is just wrong. There are no 2 ways about it. He was wrong. And I don't know if his public apology was so good either. What's done is done. Poor guy. But I have a feeling we would have heard more about it had that been John Witherspoon or Lavelle Crawford up there.

Ps. Check out the new Jet... Ciara is on the front.

Life has many parts -
The Eels - Love of The Loveless
Edwin McCain - I Could Not Ask For More
Robin Thicke - Angels
Augustana - Boston
Alexi Murdoch - All of My Days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home