Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Mind Doesn't Work That Way, Unfortunately

There are these things that have to be broken. They have to be permanently cut. I have found that in order to move forward in life from hurt and pain you have to break those memories that seem not to want to leave. Many times we find ourselves dealing with things that we'd thought we were over but something happens that brings those things to the surface of our minds. I asked myself how does this happen? Why is it that after a period of time what you thought you had moved past, seems to weigh so heavily on your mind, or you get flashes of it? It is like the hurt and pain is gone but there are internal scars that refuse to heal. What is even more painful is that the good times outweigh the bad and you ponder at how things got that way? To the point that the relationship is over, the frienship has dissolved, the person is no longer apart of your life, yet you have a tie to them that has not been cut. How do you cut that line? Was there some unfinished business between you and them that needs to be settled? Is this some root of unforgiveness lurking within you? I asked myself as flashbacks came to my mind the other night. I am trying to move on, but something just won't let me move on. Why is it you forget what you ought to remember and your mind feeds on the stuff you should forget? Fall or autumn as some call it, always seems to usher in some kind of reflections in me. Good and bad reflections. There are some things that I always say I could have done differently, but you cannot rewrite the past, just write the future. I wish you could just snap your fingers and remove all of the memories of the past. But the mind doesn't work that way....

Last to play....
John Legend - Save Room
Donell Jones - I'll Go
Xscape - Who Can I Run To
Brandy - Brokenhearted
Billy Lawrence - Paradise
Shanice - Take Care of U
Marques Houston - Favorite Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home