Friday, September 29, 2006

Miss J, Some Release Therapy & Future Sex Sounds aka Music From These People Isn't What It Used To Be

Hmm, I don't know if music is so good these days. I have listened to each of these cds and I have found that they are lacking. Janet's 20 Y.O. is tolerable but it smells of Danita Jo production. I do like Enjoy & Daybreak, but for the most part as some one put it on Itunes - "all of the songs besides So Excited, have the same hippity-poppity-lockity-clappity beats." I have to agree. I also can listen to the current single, Call On Me, but I am not impressed with So Excited, but I still love Janet. I hope that the album does well - until then I'll stick with Control & Velvet Rope.

Now onto Ludacris' release - I personally am a big fan of Ludacris. I do not have the Incognegro album that he sold out of his trunk but I do have the others and personally, Release Therapy is sub-par compared to the last three efforts. Ludacris' flow is unbeatable but the beats aren't that good in my opinion compared to Pimpin All Over The World, Screwed Up, or Coming To America. I hear people are enjoying Money Maker but I'm not. Ludacris does get my vote on Tell It Like It Is & Grew Up A Screw Up but again I am sticking with the former releases to listen to. I heard Grew Up is the next single - I hope the video will be good.

As for Justin's release....there is a certain aura that I feel when I listen to it. It resembles some kind of 80's dance vibes mixed with electronica over Timbaland beats. I can say that My Love & SexyBack are the only decent songs on the cd. Perhaps I am hearing something that isn't quite there but this isn't like Justified, so is it true that the second album release from a solo artist has to be good because someone lied to JT because it's not so good. I guess people bought it - it isn't worth it. Just listen to the singles. You'll be fine if you do.

Life has many parts, some music doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home