Friday, October 13, 2006

Poetry Corner

It's been awhile...but here it goes.

Let Me Ask U A ?
Why are so many Black men being misdirected,
neglected, misunderstood, formin gangs and clicks,
ain't no mo brotherhood, just men who like the word
nigga, I figure
don't mind workin minimum wage,
feedin off the media like rats in a cage,
want them dollar bills and fame,
ain't nuttin really changed,
still the same ol' game just with new sambo names,
sistas gettin plastic surgery to correct their skin,
not realizin the beauty they possess within,
a no name race that the world thinks just takes up space,
Black peeps wear bling bling rings and necklaces,
hidin behind low self-esteem masks and inferiority complexes,
booty shakin in da club,
man I heard a fool was savin up money so his car could roll on dubs,
these are the Black men and women society calls duds,
sellouts and slaves,
is our race a zoo?,
we don't need to be tamed,
call me observant, harsh, riotous or real,
i had to send this one out to my peeps,
i guess i need to go make some Maxwell House coffee,
cause we'z still asleep
-KJ

I am the man they call Uncle Sam,
I cop all the glitz and glam,
got damn I been takin your money for years,
preyin on your fears,
I works for the gubment in DC,
whenever you around the neighborhood,
why don't you come and kick it wit me?
let me show you how i brainwash and manipulate,
come up with new laws, higher taxes and bills,
don't worry about Medicaid and Social Security,
that's goin out the door just like the birth control pill,
and no we can't have stem cell research might find a cure,
heaven forbid can't nobody be pure,
that be too much like right,
then there'd b no reason 2 fight,
but instead I jack up oil prices and stop you from makin a buck, but
hey, don't worry I'm Uncle Sam,
I rob Americans and don't give a fuck,
it's just my luck,
I'm pretty slick,
got street smarts and tricks,
I am the one they call Uncle Sam,
laughing and hee-hawing as you proclaim how I don't understand,
tellin me why you need reparations and apologies,
I love to bring those beneath me to their knees,
You can pretty much say I have a Napoleon complex just hide it with a smirk and a smile,
but stay around while,
and you'll be hooked on my wiles and phony styles,
just remember as you pick up that welfare check,
yeah you know the one you got after workin a low payin job, darn near breakin your neck,
with the leftovers, I can add to my house a gazebo or a pool deck,
I'm Uncle Sam,
plundering this world into total chaos,
but who cares cause I'm the BOSS.
-KJ

copyright 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home