Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

I remember being told as a child that the mind is a terrible thing to waste. I sometimes feel like my mind is filled with waste. Memories and junk that I need to rid myself of. Things that have since past that somehow "pop" back up every once in awhile. It seems as if the things that I need to forget, I remember and vice versa. It can be somewhat frustrating sometimes. I reflect on the positives and the negatives come to the shore of my mind. It becomes a psychological struggle dealing with the vaselation of the mind and what it houses. I know I am not alone. Yes, you there reader know what I'm talking about and as much as you try to hide behind that false pretense like you do not have this psychological battle - let me stop you from telling a fib. I sometimes try and put on some music to relax my mind. There are people out there who take vitamins and drugs to relax their somewhat jumbled mind. The memories sometimes play games with me. They hide behind the curtains in my mind and then play peek-a-boo whenever they feel like it. It could be something that triggers it: a smell, a comment someone makes, a tv show. There is some darn thing that causes memories to surface. I often think my mind is being remote controlled and that someone is flipping through the channels and deciding what to watch. People go through this daily game with their mind - no matter how sophisticated and peaceful they appear. I guarantee lurking behind that smile is a mind that is playing peek-a-boo.

Life has many parts, you struggle to rid some of them sometimes.

Last songs to play....
Paul Taylor - Don't Wait Up
Pieces of A Dream - Forward Emotion
3rd Force - You Got It
Paul Hardcastle - Serene
Chris Standring - Cool Shades

1 Comments:

Blogger justmeReka said...

"I remember being told as a child that the mind is a terrible thing to waste. I sometimes feel like my mind is filled with waste. Memories and junk that I need to rid myself of. Things that have since past that somehow "pop" back up every once in awhile" ...I will be quote'n you babe. cause THAT in it's self is too true.

6/17/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home