Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Few Little Things

-Let me pose something to each and every reader....why is it that people get mad @ you when you ask them to do you a favor? Don't do it if you do not want to. A few months ago, I asked a professor to write me a letter of recommendation to law school and the professor agreed. I approached this professor because she seemed like she would write me an excellent rec for some schools. Little did I know that I was bugging her. If you did not want to write it, then you should have said so early on and I would have found another professor. Isn't that rather dumb to agree to do something that you do not want to do? Why would I promise you something all the while knowing I couldn't fulfill and not only that, did not want to fulfill it. That is stupid. And I don't know where she got off telling me it was offensive to her that I wanted to make sure she sent them out. The schools are telling me one thing and she is saying another. They say they don't have them and she said she sent them out. I cannot verify that you sent them out, I'm just supposed to trust you. Ha.....the only I trust is the ONE up above. I've learned over the years that people say one thing and do another. I just didn't realize that she would get so mad at helping me out when all she had to do was be straight up with a brotha and tell me to get another professor, I'm busy. I respect that. But don't come to me and say I was out of line when you agreed to do something.

-Why are they putting high fructose syrup in everything? Even in yogurt. Come on now.....the body cannot digest it well and yet there it is in water, in milk, in cheese, in juice, in tea, in bread even. And it doesn't make things taste better. I guess the FDA "doesn't care too much" about our health. I've been eating organic and I suggest you do too...cause the food companies don't put all that stuff in organic. Like it says in Fast Food Nation, if you cannot pronounce it, don't eat it.

-I read Hill Harper's book recently. It is actually worth reading. Kinda inspirational, but kinda real at the same time. He breaks down some stuff young brothas such as myself face and will face. Letters to a Young Brother resembles Letters to a Young Poet. Nevertheless, Harper puts his own spin on the letter style book drawing upon his own experiences to make concrete statements to the brothas who read the book that you can be in control of your destiny. I recommend it to any man. It's worth the read.

Life has many parts, some are worth writing down.

Last to play....Bishop TD Jakes' sermon, "Untie My Hands"

1 Comments:

Blogger CS said...

Hey dude! Sorry to hear about the recommendation trouble. I guess you can't really trust many people or shouldn't. Usually when professors write me recs they give me a copy of it even though i don't ask for it. Good luck with the situation. My phone was ran over by car, so i got a new one, same number.

Remember "KHAKIS" lol

6/06/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home