Saturday, August 13, 2005

New Creature

I am a new creature. A new creation resurrected by Jesus Christ, who breathed new life into my spirit when I was born again. I am anxiously awaiting the 2nd coming of the Lord Jesus. The old man is passing away and a new one is emerging. This happens through a process of letting things die out in my life that I once did i.e. impurity, ungodly desires and foul language. These things must be put to rest to live for God, who through his mercy and grace has breathed eternal life into me. There will never be a day when I will not be and that is something I rejoice over. It is interesting because there are many people who do not believe in the return of Jesus. They think it is a myth or some form of escapism through the word of God, but these human nitwits will have to deal with the judgment of God on the day of Jesus' return. These people do not live their lives for God. Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves with the same attitude, because those who have suffered in their bodies are done with sin. As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do - living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead - 1 Peter 4:1-5. There are many who claim they want to go to heaven, but you cannot get to heaven unless you turn from ungodly ways and that means setting down the bottle, turning away from the club and other things that have no purpose in a holy lifestyle. But how can one turn from these evil things if they are not born again? That is why it is written in 2 Corinthians 6:14, Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? It begs the question as to why I am still hanging around backslidders and unbelievers. Why am I continuing to deal with people who dip themselves in darkness? What do we have in common? What is even more fascinating is that it is very hard to let go of relationships with people who are backslidders and unbelievers because of the fact that you have known someone for so long. What is even more interesting is that I see it all around me, the complacency that people have for God. They claim to know he is there, but nevertheless, they continue down the road to hell. I am still being worked on and purified by the Holy Spirit, but I am beginning to question some of the relationships I have with certain individuals as to whether I still need to consult with them because I am a new creature, raised with Christ and I do not want to face God's judgment on unbelievers and backslidders when Christ returns. Therefore, I will not be dealing with individuals who put church on a list of things to do or who have this attitude that it is the last thing they want to do because I am a new creature and I am trying to get to heaven, not spend eternity in hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home