Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Ramblin Man

I told my friend, Lauren, that I was thinking about moving to Canada after graduation. I have grown sick of the United States. It is no longer suiting my needs and therefore, British Columbia or Manitoba looks promising. Lauren told me that she heard both are quite pretty, which sounds good. And their death rate is pretty low. I don't know what airplane I'll get on because it is looking like the airline companies are taking their jolly well time making sure that us personas are safe. Air France crashed and caught on fire. Luckily, no one was hurt. Then I heard from my father, that American Airlines fired their mechanics. Who is going to fix their planes now? They were already on shaky ground and rocked profusely in the air, I wonder what they are going to be like now? That question, of course, will never be answered because I will not be on one of them there AAs.

Did you hear that The Chappelle Show is no more? That is what Charlie Murphy is saying. He is grateful that the show gave him the opportunity to do some stand up. He became a star overnight because of that show. I am not too sad that the show is not coming back on. I enjoyed it but I did not make a ritual of watching it when it was on. I purchased the seasons, for future entertainment, but I haven't pulled them out since I bought them. So therefore, I wasted about $50 + tax. That money could have went somewhere else. I could have given it away or spent it on something else I really need, like trash bags or toothpaste. Speaking of toothpaste, I am currently enjoying the joy of brushing my white teeth with the Whitening Expressions. I wonder if this stuff actually works. I have yet to see my teeth whiter than they are. The citrus flavor is tasty, although you are not supposed to swallow the toothpaste. I think I have on a few occasions. The vanilla will be the next one I try.

The Cosby Show is finally on DVD. I didn't buy it because I have almost all of the eps on video tape. Eventually, I might invest in the 4 disc set, but I'll just continue watching my VHS's for now on my Toshiba TV/VCR combo. Have you noticed that no place sells video tapes? I still like them because they haven't perfected the DVD recorders yet for me to purchase one. I am a collector of old shows so, when I want to watch old eps of Fresh prince, I can pop in a tapel; a 6 hr tape. I reluctantly purchased a DVD recorder two Christmas's ago and the quality was a bunch of horse manure. I took it back to Best Buy and got my $800 back. This was the one where you can record from the television; not the one that you hook up to the computadora. I won't be buying a DVD recorder anytime soon. They need to work out the problems. I'll give it another year or so because VHS's are obsolete at least at most stores. A few Targets have them and K-Mart and Walmart. I will still buy VHS's because they are mad cheap. I am glad that A Different World is coming out on DVD in November because I will be purchasing that.

Life has many parts, purchase one and take it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home