Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The 100th Post

I decided for the 100th Blog to go back to the old style from the first blog.

1) The Growth Of The Company You Keep - I have come to the conclusion that true friendship is never attainable. People do whatever they feel whenever they feel like it, and have the nerve to call themselves your friend. It boggles my mind because a friend is supposed to be an unchanging stable person in your life. The one you can always count on and talk to. The one who isn't harsh and mean, yet isn't overly prideful either. But I have found that the company I keep is questionable. I mean sure friends have issues but there comes a point in time where people need to grow up and I have noticed that some of the friends I have are still in their baby stages. They still suck on their thumbs, their diet mainly consists of Gerber 1, 2 & 3 and since I am such a nice guy, it might be appropriate for me to buy them some Similac.

2) Leaving W/O Notice - It has become a topic of discussion among my friends as to who I am. I am the type of person who gets up and leaves w/o notice, w/o telling anyone. I am sorry but I do not recall you purchasing my ticket nor funding my tuition. If I feel the need to tell you that I am going on a trip, I'll let you know. One thing I have learned is that many are hypocritical. They expect me to tell them things, but are not ready to reveal things themselves. How can you expect me to follow suit, if you are unwilling? Then there is this joke that they have that I have a wife and kids since I am gone quite often. I do not have a wife and kids. Let me say that again. I do not have a wife & kids. I plan on having a wife and kids sooner or later, but that comment is quite tired and dead. It has become the headline on my newspaper. I desire my own space and when you get into my space, it's a problem. And then there is this sort of mentality that I have the uncanny ability to assess character from the moment I meet you. I do have that ability, but I keep it to myself. No sense at telling you about yourself when you are supposed to know yourself. This is why truth is so devastating because many people I know live in a dreamland of escapism and are not willing to face their issues, problems and fears. Instead they sweep them under the rug and go on acting like everything is wonderful not knowing that one day the rug will be pulled out from under them.

3) I think that it has become the normal assumption that people have that I am some kind of pushover or have this nice complex. People have this perception that I will take anything and everything because I am calm and secure. Don't be fooled. This is one reason why I have lost so many friends, because they stress my weaknesses and when I throw the strengths up in their face or tell them about themselves, they leave. It brings up the old phrase: "if you are bold enough to dish it out, then be bold enough to take it," otherwise do not say anything at all. And I think for the most part people do not consider what they utter before they utter it and then they are left feeling bad or betrayed by me because I give them a taste of their own medicine.

4) I am a psychiatrist. I do not have the degree, but I am. Really I am...I am a counselor, an advisor, a therapist. These are all things that I have become because people seem to want to discuss their relationship problems with me. I do not know why it is that people have this perception that I am supposed to listen to their every story. It makes me sick to my stomach. Can't we discuss something besides your relationship issues? There are more subjects in the world than who you fucked, or who is fuckin you. Often times, I think because I've heard them out once they think that I am supposed to hear them out again. Yes, I will, but it need not become our only topic.

By now, you are probably shaking your head or laughing and chuckling about what you have just read. Or maybe you have closed the window. I am not sorry if I offended you, but I felt it was time to lay my cards on the table. Thinking and assessing things about yourself and how you really feel removes burdens and baggage from you. I am glad that I have finally come to a point where I am able to do that.

Life has many parts, wow 100 posts already, I wonder what it'll be like when I reach 500 or 1,000?