Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm Not Addicted To Starbucks

I on occasion make the decision to walk to Starbucks and order something but I am not really impressed with their coffee. I have ordered the Chantico and the Vanilla Chai, but I never order any fraps. My friend, Naeesa, worked there and whenever I talk to her I always tell her how bad the coffee is. I am a caffeine drinker and Starbucks just doesn't satisfy my need for the bean. Everytime I would order coffee from Starbucks, I'd regret dishing out my $4 for the Venti Caramel Frap or the tall White Chocolate Mocha. The coffee has no umph. The umph that I need especially when I cram all night for an exam (that's never happened before, but what if it did, I would need a strong beaned coffee and Starbucks can't do it for me). There is this coffee place in Cali called The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. That place is off da chain and their coffee has umph. The umph a person needs. Most people who I've talked to after they've gone there convert to Coffee Bean as if getting coffee is some sort of cult or culture. I figure if you are going to pay almost $5 for a cup of coffee, it ought to quench your pallette and perk you up, Maxwell House style. I encourage each and every one of you that whenever you take a trip to Cali, to go there, you will never order coffee from Starbucks again. I am not here to promote Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or to down Starbucks, this is just my opinion and since you are reading this blog you care to know my opinion otherwise you would not have taken the time out of your stressful, long day to read my gibberish. I need a Vanilla Ice Blended bad. You know when you are a coffee addict like I don't want to believe I am, you get these cravings. It's like the alcoholic or the cigarette smoker. You feen for that next hit or sip. I am not that way, but every now and then I want a good cup of coffee and I am sick of ordering non-coffee related drinks @ Starbucks. Starbucks is a coffee shop and I should feel comfortable about drinking coffee from there. I should not have to stoop to ordering kiddy drinks like Hot Caramel Apple Cider, Chantico and non-coffee fraps just as a coffee substitute. Maybe, I should try Karibou, but I doubt they will change the way I look @ Starbucks or Coffee Bean. I'll be going home soon so I will be able to get on Mindanao Way and stop at the Marina to get me some coffee with some umph.

Life has many parts, I need some umph in mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home