Monday, August 08, 2005

The Meaning of Life

I am anxiously awaiting my destiny. What have I been put on this Earth to do, to perform? There has to be a reason that I sifted around in my mother's womb for 9 months and was born. There has to be a reason as to why I am 20, going to college, majoring in Radio Production and minoring in Business. There is definitely a reason why I have been put on the 3rd planet from the sun. But what is that reason? I mean sure I want to become an entertainment lawyer and manage clients and have a wife & kids and live in a mansion by the time I am @ least 40, but is that my purpose. That is my dream and goal, but a dream and a goal is different from a purpose. I asked myself as I was skimming through some Logical Reasoning in my white Kaplan LSAT book (btw that is not a promotion of sorts of the Kaplan program), and I stopped and wondered, what is it? What is life? We are born to die and in between we affect people's lives, change people's lives, and mature and develop into the people that God wants us to become. He is the mastermind behind this life & death. He decides when our number is up. You could call him a potter. He perfects and shapes us into what he wants us to become and we are in no control over that. I ask the question, what is life all about? The Meaning of Life, so to speak, I would surmise tht it is something deep and out of this world. It is one of those questions that will not be answered until I take my last breath. One might be able to come to a conclusion as to the meaning of life, but no definite answer. You can come up with many, many guesses but only God knows the purpose and the meaning of life. In looking @ life, you have to bring up happiness. Happiness is something that is promised to us by the Constitution, or rather the pursuit of happiness. I remember as a kid playing the Game of Life and choosing the path to go. That is somewhat what life is about. There are two roads or rather paths that one can take to go. These paths aren't straight. We come up against bumps and snags here and there but ultimately the path will lead us to happiness. People associate happiness with fancy clothing or expensive cars, and while that is all good and wonderful, you can have all the $ in the world and still be unhappy. I think that life is a mystery and it is up to us to solve this mystery. We have to become Jessica Fletchers, Ben Matlocks, and the like in order to crack the case. A wise man once told me that the purpose of your life is hidden in the gifts and strengths you have within you. These are treasures that are the passkey to your destiny. These gifts ultimately bring you into the purpose of life, I would suppose. That comment is quite interesting because we all have gifts. Singing, writing, mathematical abilities, are all gifts that we receive from the Lord Jesus, but there have to be some gifts that we receive as we continue down one of the two paths we walk down and there have to be some hidden gifts that we have inside us but do not necessarily know that we have them. Now that is interesting, you mean I have gifts inside of me that I have not yet discovered....

Life has many parts, discover them one by one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home