Sunday, December 31, 2006

Poetry Corner

I can't for the life of me figure out
how I let you get under my skin,
deep within,
dreaming of you constantly,
was it your nice smell, or the aura that drove me wild,
perhaps your powerful hairstyle,
the butterflies in my stomach seemed to turn when you weren't there,
my heart yearning your touch and presence,
the sweetness and succulent essence,
the beauty of your spirit creating waves,
like ice cream, it was you I craved,
our kinship was a blessing on a higher power,
I reflect on our kiss,
that was pure bliss,
It was more than romance,
girl, you had this brotha in a trance,
I'm a firm believer that it wasn't by happenstance,
too bad you didn't agree,
tossed me out like a flea,
I picked up my sorrow and pain,
wasn't no tears or singing in the rain,
I sat by the phone waiting on you to dial those seven digits,
but one day I was just like forget it,
no more mocha delight chocolate enchanting osculations,
just left with a tattered palate without justification,
I bid you farewell my dear,
It was probably best we dichotomized,
our pertinence allowed me to realize,
that love is easier to give than to receive
-KJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home