Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Poetry Corner

Wrote a little recipe,
just to give HIM glory,
I got to reach for mine,
as I bask in the bright sunshine,
called the salt of the Earth,
figured out just how much I'm worth,
regardless of what others say,
I give my regards to broadway,
take a closer look at me,
no more shackles and chains,
a brother is free,
I ain't a slave to flesh,
and caught up in darkness,
carnality just doesn't mesh with spirituality,
the word is sticking to me like caramel,
for real I'm just glad God snatched me out of the dungeons of hell....
-KJ

I know not what I search 4,
but I know I have yet 2 find it,
because it is invisible 2 the eye,
my heart must search 4 it blinded.
And if by chance I find it,
Will I know my mission is achieved?
Can one come 2 conclusions,
before the question is conceived?
Just as no one knows
what lies beyond the shore,
I will never find the answer
2 what it is that I search 4
-2pac

God's not pleased with you man
cause of how you behave
but if you can tell the story about
how you got saved
If you a sinner, you a sinner,
If you saved, you saved,
Let's not beat around the bush
let's call a spade a spade,
let's call a slave a slave,
and a trade a trade,
exchange life for his death that's the proper exchange
-Da Truth