Friday, November 04, 2005

untitled #2

There are boxes in my closet. Boxes full of clothes that haven't been hung up since the beginning of summer, boxes full of old things that need to be thrown away - papers from classes, pencils, pens, etc. In my quest to tackle a massive cleanup and a huge dumping of garbage down the trash chute, I ran across something that caught my attention. I thought I had lost it, but it was buried underneath a pair of pants that I haven't worn since freshman year. Among that thing that I found, I also found a list of old songs that I had planned on downloading when p2p was the in-thing. I am trying to refrain from downloading from p2p partly because Ares is just too slow, Kazaa doesn't connect, and I am not a BitTorrent user. I do however use Itunes though. That 99 cents thing is working out for Apple. They've made a cool amount of chump change off of us people who download songs. They even give an incentive - free songs of the week. Thank you Apple, that's what I need a free song by an artist who a) I've never heard of b) have the song already or c) one of those artists you'd find in a bargain basket or in the section at Best Buy where the remakes sit. You know what I'm talking about - the section that houses those 3/4/5 cd packs of relaxing music, classical music, remakes of 50's and 60s songs- the ones that say All Original recordings but aren't ORIGINAL AT ALL.

It's been pretty hot lately - hot in my room, because the heat is on! I think I have that song on a cd that I burned way back when. Also, I have no control of the heat; my roomate does. I opened my window and slept without a cover last night. That's a quick way to get some virus that you cannot pronounce. Airborne won't be able to help that nor will Peppermint Tea or over the counter remedies like Alka Seltzer Plus Cold, Theraflu or overdosing on Tylenol or Excedrin. The weather has been up & down lately. Hot today, cold tomorrow. A few days there was heavy rain. I know because my Lugz are ruined because the jeans bled onto the suede. I might go out and buy some new ones, but I doubt it.

I have been working intensely with Adobe Audition lately since I plan on purchasing a DAW after graduation. I am learning the basics of how to manipulate my voice and other things. I am leaning towards Audition primarily because its cheap compared to the 1,000 dollar Protools that I'd like to have or Wavelab. I have created a few spots thus far for the radio stations that are in place that I work at. You'd be surprised the amount of time it takes to create a drop or a 30 or 60 sec spot. But I can say you can get very creative with the program - morphing your voice into a robot or adding electrovibe to it. I am boring you here....

Life has many parts, work intensely with them.

Last songs to play....
Aaliyah - Rock The Boat
NE-YO - So Sick
Jon B - I Do
Robin Thicke - Wanna Love You Girl
DeBarge - Time Will Reveal
Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothin Like The Real Thing
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home