Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Some Things Jus Ain't Cuttin It

So, I decided to redesign Life In Many Parts. It is not quite finished yet, still somewhat under construction. There is however, an embedded music player though. I need to add a few more songs to the playlist. By next month, Life In Many Parts will have a new look completely different from the templates available on Blogger. I have enjoyed Minima Black and all of the rest but manipulating the color doesn't seem to cut it.

I decided to test out satellite radio and since there were only two to choose from, I didn't have much testing to do. XM Radio was launched first and Sirius came a little bit later. I have been skeptical of satellite radio because I could not understand what the hype was all about. What's a few commericals here and there between songs? I decided to see what the hype was all about so I tried the 3-day trial over at XM Radio and found that will all of its channels, I was looking for a commerical, but it's commerical free. XM Radio plays everything from old radio shows like Amos & Andy and The Shadow to music from Youssour N'dour to Jackson Browne to Twista. There lengthy music selection definitely insights me to lean in their direction. I then went over to Sirius and tried their 3-day trial and found myself hooked on a few channels like the Pulse, which is a blend of 90's rock and today's rock. Kind of like all of those R&B stations across the US that play Today's R&B and Classic Soul. Titles may vary from: Today's Soul and Classic R&B, R&B From Today & Back In The Day, or the R&B of Today & Yesterday, or Today's R&B & Classic R&B, New Soul & Classic Soul, Old School & Today's R&B; the interchangeableness of those genres goes on & on depending on the market you are in. I also found myself tuned into Heart & Soul, which is genuinely like today's R&B stations except for the fact that there wasn't a song on there that I wanted to change the channel. I also found myself liking a few other channels. What seems to be the main distinction between XM Radio & Sirius to me is that Sirius has created fewer music channels related to distinct periods and or specific genres, while XM Radio, has many channels that offer a broader range of programming. Sirius seemed to carry a better sound even with the Internet connection and the streaming broadcast quality of the software that I have. If I were to pick between the two - Sirius would be my choice. Sure it costs a little bit more, but it would be worth it considering the selection of music that is played. I would not have to worry so much about switching the channel every 5 minutes to find something I enjoyed if I purchased Sirius.

Life has many parts, some just need to change.

Last songs to play....
Jill Scott - Golden
Rahsaan Patterson - Forever Yours
Eric Benet - I Wanna Be Loved
Alicia Keys - Unbreakable
Samson - Atmosphere
Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
112 - Come See Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home