Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mysterion

One of the mysterious things about life is that you remember things that you didn't even know you picked up. For example, Howard has finally enlightened its students on giving us access to TVOne - it was long overdue; and I was watching Roc tonight and started singing the theme song. It shocked me, partly because I haven't seen Roc since I was in elementary school and I somehow picked up on the theme song and it is stored somewhere in my long term memory. I wonder what else is in my memory that I can pull out when needed or necessary. Another interesting thing is how you remember events that took place over your life. I constantly am reminded of experiences just by glancing at certain eps of tv shows or listening to a certain song. I think for the most part, memory is quite a mystery because often times the mind does not hold onto things that it needs to hold onto - where was my memory when I needed to get a decent grade on my Finance exam? I could have gotten a better grade had my mind gotten marinated in the concepts of amoritization and time value, but instead it was hung up on creating radio spots and studying for the LSAT. Other things are mysteries too: for example, the false prophets on television who ask you to send in a $2,500 tithe. Who does that? No....reader - WHO??? I am curious as to the sucker who hands over that amount of money to a false prophet. What is even more of a mystery is how people can scam in the name of God? That is striking to me - but God shall take care of that, but I do find it a mystery. Is $$$ so importante to them that they need to steal it from people looking for miracles. That is like the person on the street pretending to be homeless, which many do - deceitful and dishonest. Mystery is a fascinating thing. People are so fascinated by it that they invented a genre of books & movies on it. Many writers and movies come to mind when I look @ the world mystery like James Patterson or "The Maltese Falcon." I think that mysterion will forever be an interesting thing to me because there is so much mystery in mystery.

Life has many parts, but it's also a mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home