Monday, October 24, 2005

Millions More Movement & Millions More Television Shows On DVD

-So last weekend was the Millions More Movement and I didn't go. I did watch it on CSPAN though since I didn't make it. I had to work. Work is certainly more important than listening to dynamic speakers on television declare that Black people are going to take the world by the throat. I am curious as to how much we as a people will do. I mean we've sat around and taken it so long I think my people have grown accustomed to being treated any kind of way. I wonder how many of those Black people who stood out there actually are going to do anything. Of course, I could be wrong because I wasn't there. But I think that we are so concerned as who owes us what that we fail to see that we cannot rely on what other people will and will not do for us. Sure we are owed money for all of the brutality that was done to us over the years of slavery and even now, but we cannot keep demanding money from the government partly because the government could care less about our concerns. Bush was probably laughing watching us organize on television. We have organizations and people who will take handouts and under the table bribes to just to be shut up. I wonder how much of a movement will happen now. We shall see. They asked each and everyone of us to send in a dollar and the day we send in the money - fast. I have only fasted once in my life, and that was about two months ago. I think I can fast more than that though since fasting is essential to the human body and the spirit. So we shall see how much of a movement happens....won't we.

-There seems to be a rush to put television shows on DVD. I am still awaiting the release of Martin, Living Single, New York Undercover, A Different World (which by the way is due out in November) and a few others like Amen, and Roc. I mean they have put things on DVD like Dallas, The Brady Bunch, One Tree Hill (which hasn't been out long) and Laguna Beach (which is rubbish). It seems like they don't know what to put out on DVD so they just put something out. What is going on? Can I get some good television shows on DVD? I mean sure they put The Jeffersons on DVD and Alfred Hitchcock Presents but I need the shows mentioned earlier to be on DVD. I think it's another ploy by the white man to have us record them on videotape (does anyone even use them anymore) and pay for television shows that suck. I bet someone went out and bought Survivor on DVD and Bob Newhart, but I sure won't.

Life has many parts, I put some on hold and in storage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home