Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Truth Is....

I finally paid my graduation fee. It was pretty expensive considering all I need is my degree. Just give me that I don't need no commencement or any orator speaking eloquently to me to tell me about the things I can do to become successful after graduation. Just hand me the paper please. I was thinking, do I really need to come back to walk? I mean really, do I? I could just ask the university to FEDex my degree; well they'd probably send it regular mail and it would take two weeks, but that's fine. I'll wait because the truth is - there is no reason to come back and walk. The truth is - I don't wanna come back. The truth is - I am jumping up and down knowing that it's getting closer and closer everyday to that sigh of relief knowing I've completed something that the media has deemed unusual for African American males.

I started to reflect on the treasures that I have gained from this place. I've grown up from what I once was - that is for sure. I learned that people are all the same regardless of race. I do not know what kind of fallacious rationalizations got me thinking that Black people were on some sort of different level than other races. What on Earth??!! One of the most valuable treasures I got was a relationship with God, who did not have to seek me out but did and I give HIM glory for it. I discovered that having a relationship with HIM is priceless. What is even more fascinating is that I am more with HIM than I am without HIM.

By the way, I am turning off my comments for awhile until I get an answer to how to get rid of Blog spam.

Life has many parts......can't think of anything, get back to me later.

Last songs to play....nothing, I've been listening to online radio stations.