Saturday, November 05, 2005

Poetry Corner

The world is lost and it's a crying shame,
fallen pray to the Devil's feeling game,
If it ain't the lust of the flesh,
or the pride of life,
then it's the lust of the eye,
most are blinded by the devil's lies,
much to my surprise,
I was once that way,
but been saved by HIS grace and won't have to face the wrath on Judgement Day,
don't believe me take a look at Revelation,
I guess it's all a matter of interpretation,
to understand the will of the God of our salvation,
They say I'm inane,
and insane,
Even call me quixotic,
They say I'm high on chronic,
If they'd read a little scripture,
they'd understand the real picture,
I'm trying to get to that secret place,
I'm crunk 4 Christ and will tell you to your face,
Every morning when I arise I smile knowing I've made the right choice,
giving HIM all the praise as I dance and rejoice...
-KJ

My music playlist,
full of Bsides, and top hits,
everything from Euge Groove to Aya to Nina Simone,
got the oldies but goodies and them songs you play when you want yo girl to moan and groan,
Do you remember Technotronic and Edwin McCain?
I can recall when they gave a Grammy to Train,
and when I first saw the video of New Edition's Can You Stand The Rain,
Lately I've been playin songs like Spring Love by Stevie B or Jaguar Wright's Free,
Kindred is rather melodic and splendid,
Floetry and Ledisi are smooth,
Or how bout those rare grooves,
When I get ready I can go on an Escapade,
or chill in 107 Degrees in the Shade,
I must admit jazz is my brain food,
Gotta set the pod to repeat Duke Ellington's In A Sentimental Mood,
Marc Antoine, Hiroshima and Keiko Matsui,
The skills just mesmerize me,
Gospel makes me wanna lift up my hands,
or jump up right where I stand,
Yolanda Adams sings about getting the Victory,
while Tarralynn serenades with Remedy,
Cross Movement flows with their rhymes,
while Cece just hits the note everytime,
Music, what a wonderful life benefit,
you just gotta love it
-KJ

Last songs to play....
Jamie Cullum - Photograph
Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter
The Eels - Love of The Loveless
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Ben Folds Five - Brick
Santana & Michelle Branch - I'm Feeling You
Dave Matthews Band - Jimi Thing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home