Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Becoming Apparent Part Two: Bittersweet Moments

There is one thing that is momentous about living, the threat of dying. As monotonous and melancholic as that sounds, it is rather bona fide. We get up everyday to fulfill our job, our collegiate careers, to put food on the table and to live life to the so-called fullest; all of this of course, while having to deal with people and the situations that we experience. I have found that each experience you go through, you learn something from it that you take with you into that next experience. Sometimes the knowledge you receive or gain from that specific occurrence helps you to ripen into a better individual. Other times it is simply something to teach you about people and the real world. On Saturday, I went out to eat for my 21st birthday. It was one of the most memorable birthdays I’ve had. I can honestly say that it opened my eyes to many things. It was a time of laughter and craziness, partly because we had waited for 2 & ½ hours for a table at the Cheesecake Factory and finally decided to go to eat at Clyde’s, which was down the street. Clyde’s has a demure atmosphere and somewhat chic ambiance. I’d compare it to the exquisite setting of a Walt’s Wharf or a Sicily, which happen to be restaurants in California. If you have ever been to these restaurants then you’ll know what I’m talking about. If not – too bad, I advise you purchase a plane ticket on Travelocity or Expedia and visit those restaurants. It is definitely a night that will be etched in my mind. There are moments that are bittersweet and rather unforgettable to a person, and that night was unquestionably one of them. Moreover, I think that I will remember that night more than many other celebrations because I am exiting this place in December and I won’t have another twenty-first birthday, unless as my grandfather puts it: “you live til you’re a hundred and twenty-one.” You could say my 21st birthday was memorable and distinct and is definitely going in the book, which by the way I’ve tweaked a little. It was truly the Last Supper (inside joke for those who were present) because I doubt that I will be dining with that amount of people for awhile, or at least before I vanish from this city. There are times and moments that you want to put in a journal and store in a box and several years later pull it out and read it and that night was one of those nights. So thank you to all who came….my 21st was undeniably a birthday I’ll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home