Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Poetry Corner

Let me spit some divine knowledge,
didn't learn it in elementary school or college,
God stepped in front of me about two years ago,
been fixing my life flow,
showing me revelation in the scriptures,
with visions and pictures,
listening to Jakes, Price and holy Hip Hop,
puttin the devil to a stop,
getting involved in kingdom business,
educating the twisted, agnostic and the helpless,
on a mission to be a doer of the Word,
haven't you heard,
get on board with Jesus the Christ,
he'll not only save you but change your entire life
-KJ

I apologize
for being black
For all I am
Plus all I lack
Please, sir, please ma'am
Give me some slack
Cause I apologize

I apologize
For being poor
For being sick
And tired and sore
Since I ain't slick
Don't know the score
I must apologize

I apologize
Because I bear
Resemblance mos'
Black people share
Thick lips, flat nose
And nappy hair
So I apologize

I apologize
For how I look
For all the lows
And blows I took
On those, Lord knows
I'd close the book
As I apologize

I apologize
For all I gave
For letting you
Make me your slave
And going to
My early grave
I do apologize

I apologize
For all I've done
For all my toil
Out in the sun
Don't want to spoil
Your righteous fun
So I apologize
I apologize

For being caught
For being sold
For being bought
While being told
I count for naught

I apologize
And curse my kind
For being fooled
For being blind
For being ruled
And in your bind
Why not apologize

I apologize
And curse my fate
For being slow
For being late
Because I know
It's me you hate
I must apologize

I apologize
And tip my hat
'Cause you're so rich
And free, and fat
Son of a bitch
That's where it's at
And I APOLOGIZE

-Oscar Brown Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home