Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Orphan Is Ratchet

I am not pleased. In fact, I am quite irascible that I even took the time out of my productive day to watch Orphan. It is a trite little film about a couple grieving over the loss of their child and they decide to adopt a cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs orphan. Although, what they are unaware of is that (well, she ain't an orphan). Great plot huh, yeah I thought so too. The movie does not live up to its hype. According to Urbandictionary.com, ratchet "describes a person or activity that is out of hand, out of control, or generally whack in some way." Well, while Orphan is not a person or activity, the movie is quite ratchet. I was hoping for an Omen-esque type film where the orphan decides to do some real damage, but it never came. In fact, the only pleasing aspect of the film is the climax. The plot twist, while somewhat unexpected, still didn't speak to me. I left feeling cheated. Cheated out time. Time after all is precious and time is money. In the scheme of things, I wasted some "$" watching this.

Final Grade: D+


Cabin Fever had more flair and that is sayin' quite a lot.


Life has many parts ---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home