Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's An Interesting World Out There

1) Unnecessary Cruelty - Entertainment is a tough business, but not tough enough to call someone deaf and dumb. It was very cruel of Simon #2 on America's Got Talent to call the Quick Change Artists dumb for not changing their act. Despite the fact that they didn't change a thing, no one can figure out how they do it. There is speculation as to velcro and other bells and whistles, but the act still amazes audiences every time they perform. That act has taken them around the world and won them many contests and yet Simon #2 had the gaul to call them deaf for not listening to his criticisms and dumb for not taking into consideration his criticisms. I hope they get through, because I'm still baffled at how they do it even if they don't change a thing. Perhaps Simon #2 should try to do what they do.

2) The Word of Faith Movement - There is much discussion and has been much discussion on The Word of Faith Movement and its controversy. Over the last few days, I have been reading articles on so-called religious police who go on and on in articles exposing 'charlatan' WOF preachers for their heretical doctrines and phony parlor tricks to gain money from gullable and weak Christians. I am not in any position to judge whether a preacher is false or not. The Bible tells all Christians to use discernment. There are mixed reviews on preachers such as Creflo Dollar (whose last name is controversial enough), Joyce Meyer, Paula White, TD Jakes, Billy Graham, Benny Hinn (whose healing crusades have always been controversial and sometimes referred to as cultic) and Kenneth Copeland. I personally know someone who is apart of Dollar's ministry and I have listened to Jakes, Dollar and Meyer and I do not have a problem with their teachings because the Bible tells us not to judge. We ought to leave the judging up to God. I will say this though, they all support salvation, which is positive.

3) Rap Ain't What It Used 2 B - I am finding that hip hop just isn't what it once was. Everything is sounding like everything else nowadays. What happened to the good ole rap classics like "Straight Outta Compton" or "Dear Mama," now we have ignant (yep, I said IG-NANT) songs and people still fall for this so-called quality rap. Don't get me wrong, there are some good rappers out there like Luda and TI, but for the most part hip hop is too commercialized.

4) Just How Many Save The Last Dance Remakes? - I applaud the movie industries for re-inventing these dance movie remakes. Step Up is really Save The Last Dance in disguise, or no wait, Shall We Dance? or better yet, Honey, or how about You Got Served, or any dance movie made in the last 7 years. What makes Step Up so much better? Non-stop marketing and tracks by Chris Brown, Ciara and Sean Paul. That's enough to make you go see it. Hmm, I'm not convinced considering I can download all 3 songs off iTunes or practice some klepto using Limewire.

5) Music Video Reviews - I like Janet's video, although I'm not quite sure what the pirate ship represents, or is that a pirate ship?; I like Nelly Furtado's video, but AOL called it risque, but then again who are they? After all, they charge $20+ a month for a service you get free when you install XP; Outkast's Morris Brown video is odd, but they've gotten odder and odder since Atliens. I do like the song though.

Life has many parts -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home