Thursday, July 13, 2006

God - Fact or Fiction? Part One

I was listening to a preacher tell me about the Da Vinci code and whether or not Jesus was doing all that stuff that the Da Vinci Code claims he did. First, let's examine the book - from my understanding, it's fiction. Now, the last time I checked fiction is made up, so we have to conclude that Jesus was not married to Mary Magdalene and all of the other lies that Dan Brown has spewed out in his novel. They say that people buy into anything. I have been told that I bought into the Bible, that the Bible is in fact a story created by the Catholic church to keep Black folk in check. That would mean that there is no God, which does not explain why it rains, where thunder comes from, how miracles occur and how the planets came into existence. It is hard for man to contemplate that there is a greater being besides him. We as people have bought into the concept that we made ourselves. There have been numerous books, tv shows, articles, journals and other things that have tried to prove the existence of God. If one were to look at scripture, which many refuse to do, it says "Thus saith the Lord, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last and beside me there is no God," (Isaiah 44:6). Many people stray away from the Bible, as the Bible states that them that do not believe are blinded by the god of this world and will not inherit the kingdom of God. My uncle and I had a discussion the other day in regards to Christianity and how there is no proof to back up what the scripture says. I disagree based on the fact that there is no scientific proof for me not to believe there is a God and the fact that God is not recognized only revealed. This concept baffles me because that means that God chooses to reveal himself to certain ones. Romans 8:28 "declares that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose." Therefore, one has to conclude that not everyone will be saved (if you are not called according to his purpose), but God offers salvation to all who receive his son Jesus. The question then becomes how do believers get unbelievers to believe? We can witness to someone, but God has to reveal himself to them. No believer has the power to prove God only give their testimony in regards to what God means to them and what he has done in their lives. By telling an unbeliever that, that still does not make them believe nor does it give them faith, nor does it make them a Christian. All of these have to be done by faith, which comes by hearing the word of God according to the Apostle Paul. So is God real? I can tell you that He is but I can only say that because I am saved, and I know what he has done in my life.

Life has many parts, believe some or not.

Last to play....
Sirius Channel 51 Heart & Soul

1 Comments:

Blogger M Taher said...

Hi
I have cited your excellent article at my blog post: Multifaith Issues From Other Blogs - Update No. 9

Would appreciate if you leave your comment.
Best, Mohamed

7/21/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home