Friday, July 07, 2006

Forgiveness Is A Ministry

I am not one to usually hold a grudge or to hold anything over anyone's head, although there are probably a few out there who'd say that I can become bitter over what I perceive people do to me. I admit, like anyone else, that I don't like to be used, abused, manipulated, etc. I am not sure anyone out there does. I do however, believe that there are two sides to every story. For awhile there, I was letting several experiences cloud my judgment of people - why, because I am one of those people who when I say I'm your friend, I'm there for you and I expect people to be there for me to and when that does not materialize, then I draw a line. I don't mind being someone's Kleenex or psycho-therapist, but I need that from time to time. Call it selfish, call it what you will, but everyone needs a friend to talk to from time to time, but I just hate and feel bad when I've done so much for some and then when I need a favor or to talk they are gone. I made a decision to stop holding things over some people's heads. Unforgiveness does nothing for me in my quest to become what the Lord would have me to be, so I repented. I decided to forgive each and every person who has ever done me wrong or that I perceived have done me wrong. I found myself holding onto a lot of baggage, so I decided to forgive. And even if those I forgave never hear about it, I feel much better that I forgave them.

Life has many parts, I have to forget some.

Last to play on the Ipod....
Israel & New Breed - Favor of the Lord
Brent Jones - Goodtime
Hezekiah Walker - Lift Him Up
Kirk Franklin - Imagine Me
TBone - Wipe Your Tears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home