Friday, July 21, 2006

Writer's Block

I have been slacking off on my writing lately. I haven’t really had the inspiration to write anything. I have been reading blogs, writing magazines, even attempting to put some thoughts down on paper, but it just doesn’t seem to pan out. I thought I’d get a little inspiration from a little classical music. That seemed to do the trick whenever I needed to study, but that only made matters worse. I got sick and tired of the tired Handel and Chopin numbers. A piano concerto can only be played in so many ways there Beethoven and Mozart. I even thought about picking up some books on writer’s block. Perhaps Stephen King or James Patterson could give me some hints, but they seem to churn out books like butter so, maybe I’ll go and seek one of those authors who had one novel and then never wrote again. Some come to mind, but I’ll refrain from exposing their success or rather their one hit novels. They too succumbed to the ruthless world that is prose. I am fascinated at how many people out there are such good writers yet do not get published. I guess that is part of my frustration although, I am hoping to have my book published next year, I still am feeling the frustration of starting a second one. What do I write about in this one? I mean the first one exposed my life. I didn’t air all of my dirty laundry but a good 75% is in there. Now that I think about it, I was supposed to let my friend, Chev, read a part of it but I never emailed it to him. I let my friend, Reka read a part of it and she said it was good. Then I let Lauren read a part of it, and she said it was good. I hope they don’t end up selling it on Ebay for a profit when I get famous, although those weren’t 1st drafts I gave them nor were they anything similar to what is actually being published. I changed most of that stuff so it was a lil less obvious as to who I was talking about. I started to add some more drama to the book, but that woulda been pushin it considering there was enough stuff that occurred in the lives of my HU peeps that is exploited and uncovered in that novel. I just hope I don’t get slapped with a libel suit. But then again, no one will be able to do that since the names have been changed to protect the guilty. I’m off to write something now, wait, I’m writing this.

Life has many parts –

Last to play….
Sirius’ Coffee House

1 Comments:

Blogger justmeReka said...

I won't be making a profit off you babe. Just allow me an interview. And i'm buy a copy...plus I want an autographed one. You'll get back to writing soon. You just gotta feel it ..don't force it.

7/24/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home