Monday, June 19, 2006

Pookie and Nem Tabernacle of Faith

I was watching the Gospel Comedy All-Stars and one of the comedians had me crackin up about her interpretation of a gangsta church that she visited in Compton. I got to thinking how people see the 21st century church today. There are the megachurches, supadupachurches and the smaller churches. I personally have visited all three. I can say that a church is a church. As long as the word is being preached, I am not one to claim that I can only attend one considering there is only one church anyway (see the Book of Ephesians). I was listening to Bishop Noel Jones and he was talking about how there is a concept floating around in the church that Jesus will make you rich. I have heard this - but many often misunderstand that word rich. The Bible never promised us that Christ would make us rich with cars and houses, and gobs and gobs of mula. Christ promised each and everyone of us that believes on HIM that we will have life. Life is more than a 3 million dollar beach home and a CL Mercedes sitting in the driveway. I am not saying those things wouldn't be nice to haves, but I have found in my faith walk that I am not so interested in things anymore. Before I was saved, I used to go places and find something to get just for the sake of getting, but I have found that I have enough. I know what you're thinking. Good for you. Well, I am glad that I have realized that I had become name brand conscious and people conscious. It is bad to become that way. I have found that I have been able to make it without some things. I have made it this far without a lot of support, without a lot of money (although many have said I am undercover rich boy because I had money everytime I went somewhere). I can truly say that there are many things that I did not think about pre-salvation that God has shed some light on. I have become less judgmental. There was a time in my life that I was very critical of certain things and people. I was up there with the rest of them who judged certain people, but I have become less critical since being saved. I have nothing to judge anyone on because the grass is always greener on the other side and I know where the Lord has brought me from so far.

Life has many parts, I have learned to appreciate some.

Last to play...
David Wilcox - New World
Coldplay - The Scientist
Howie Day - Perfect Time of Day
The Eels - Love of The Loveless
Jewel - Again & Again
Teddy Geiger - For You I Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home